BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

NY Renaissance Faire( a lot of Pictures)


Yesterday, Rob, Me Dee, Jaime, and Rev went to the NY Renaissance Faire. Believe it or not I have never gone to it before and it has been going on for YEARS. Their was a ton to see and plenty of shops to go into. We left around 8 30 am and got their just as the gates were opening up at 10. We walked around all day until the gates closed at 7. That was a lot of walking. I was so exhausted by the end of the night. It was fun seeing all the different costumes people wore to the Faire. Shopping was fun. I didn't get much but that's not a big deal. We were looking at Jewelry and we came across some claddagh rings. I saw one in a case that looked pretty on top, and seemed to look like it would fit my finger. I asked the girl if I could see it, and she was telling me that this was the last one of this design. It was antique design and, the band has filigree all over it. Rob knew I wanted one, so when the girl took it out and I tried it on, he asked me if that's the one I love and wanted, I said yes it was, and he bought it for me. I was not expecting that. later in the day I bought a necklace that is hand blown glass with Perfume in it. you got to choose whichever perfume you wanted and she would pour it in the necklace of your choice. I went with Victorian Garden which has a rose scent.

On our way to the flush Privies(actual bathrooms and not port a potties), we came across the Kissing Bridge. It is custom that you kiss when passing under the arch. We felt that Dee needed a kiss since she didn't have any one to give her one, so Jaime and myself took it upon us to give her a kiss on the cheek. (Mom close your eyes for the next pic. lol)


Rob and I actually crossed first before we ran back and gave Dee a kiss. HE-HE.


These pictures were actually taken towards the end of the night just as we were heading out teh gate. I find them funny. You could change what it said above your head. My favorite is teh insufferable diva one.






Ahhh first thing in the morning. I know my pictures are out of chronological order, but oh well.



I'm gonna post more pictures later of the Events we went to during the day.

5 comments:

Grammie/Mom said...

Yuck! :0) Looks like a fun day.

Kate said...

i told you to close your eyes mom. lol

Colleen said...

They have a pretty good fair in Maryland. It runs until October sometime. I'm thinking about going out there. Where is the NY one?

Kate said...

it's in Tuxedo, NY

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you had never been there before. Andres and his wife used to work it on the weekends, so I've been there, it's really fun, and I remember the kissing bridge =]

i didn't have anyone to kiss except for andres, though... so i kinda broke the rule and DIDNT haahaha